Library Resources – The SAIL Consortium
St. Mary’s University College (StMU) Library is a member of Southern Alberta Integrated Libraries (SAIL), a consortium group that includes:
- Ambrose University College (AUC) Library;
- Bow Valley College (BVC) Learning Resource Services; and
- University of Calgary (UofC) Library (including the Military Museums).
This consortial relationship helps its members extend their provision of services to their respective academic and learning communities while building and extending new partnerships. The main benefit of this consortium is a union catalogue, which lists the collections and holdings of all the libraries of a library system or, in this case, a group of independent libraries. This allows you to:
- search of the catalogues of all member libraries from StMU Library’s catalogue interface; and
- access and borrow materials from member libraries’ collections, subject to the borrowing policies and restrictions of the individual member libraries.
In short, this consortium allows St. Mary’s College University Library to offer its users access to a much larger and broader set of collection resources than would otherwise be possible.
PLEASE NOTE: SAIL membership does not provide STMU users with remote / off-campus access to other member libraries electronic resources & databases.
Access via Mobile Device
The catalogue at St. Mary’s University College Library, as well as libraries that are part of SAIL, are now searchable on your smart phone.
Use BookMyne to:
For more information on this tool visit the SirsiDynix BookMyne site.