The Library is moving forward with a new Library Management System (LMS). The timing of this transition will occur over the Victoria Day long weekend. The Library will begin the transition in Mid-May (the exact date to be determined). Further updates are pending – once the exact dates are determined the Library will let you know.
For this transition some important dates are:
- Mid-May (the exact date to be determined) – the Library’s current catalogue system will be frozen and subsequently discontinued. The Library will maintain circulation of library materials manually. However, you may want to make sure to check out any physical library materials you need before the 2nd week in May. Once the current catalogue system, you will NOT be able to search for physical materials in the Library’s collection.<.li>
- May 22, 2018, Tuesday – The new search system will go live. This new system will bring under one roof the search-ability of the Library’s physical collection and most of the Library’s electronic resources. Please note that one big change with this new system is the elimination of the “classic catalogue search”.
During the transition period please be aware that
- The catalogue will not be available. Search-ability for physical resources in the Library’s collection will not be available.
- Access to the Library’s electronic resources will remain available via the Library’s website directories. You will be able to search databases individually:
- the A-Z List is available @ http://library.stmu.ca/?page_id=4643;
- the Subject Guides are available @ http://library.stmu.ca/?page_id=4644;
For information on electronic resources and accessing online resources from off-campus, please consult the About Electronic Resources page @ http://library.stmu.ca/?page_id=5656
If you require any further information or have questions please contact me (Brad.Neufeldt@stmu.ca)
The Library apologizes in advance for the inconvenience!
Important! The Library is moving to a new search system in May
Bookmark the permalink.